How I Can Help
I’ve worked with people from a range of backgrounds on all sorts of issues, with some of the most common being:
- Past or present traumatic experiences
- Identity issues, including issues around class, gender, sexuality and body image
- Finding ways through guilt, shame, fear, loss or change
- Relationship issues
This can show up in all sorts of different ways, including:
- Feeling physically and emotionally burnt out and exhausted
- Intrusive or obsessive thoughts or memories, including flashbacks, panic attacks or nightmares
- Mood swings, including crying, flashes of anger or fear with no clear reason or trigger
- Self-criticism, self-harm and other self-destructive behaviours
- Feeling like you’re putting on an act in relationships, friendships or at work
- Feeling disconnected, numb and/or overwhelmed
- Feeling out of control, including in terms of how you use alcohol, drugs, sex or work
This symptom list is by no means exhaustive, and we can chat about your specific experience in more detail during our consultation.
For some people, counselling provides a place where they can:
- Share and process emotions and experiences
- Gain new perspectives and understanding of patterns in thinking, behaviour or relationships
- Get some relief from the pressure of keeping things bottled up
- Experience a safe, supportive and compassionate space where they are accepted and valued just as they are
- Feel less isolated and alone
- Learn new coping strategies
- Become more self-accepting
- Increase self-compassion, confidence and resilience
If any of the above sound like something you’d like support with, please get in touch. Together, we’ll work in a collaborative way, at your pace, to explore what’s happening for you at the moment and how we can get closer to wherever you’re hoping to be.
An absolute godsend! I can't thank you enough for all your support over the last weeks. This experience will stay with me for life: a safe, non-judgemental environment where I was able to work through some very difficult stuff with an insightful and extremely helpful human! Jane is very respectful, easy to trust and talk to, and just very lovely. Immensely beneficial.
I can't even begin to tell you how much of an impact you've made. I am so good at self-compassion and self-soothing now! I can't remember ever having felt this safe and happy in my body.
Therapy with Jane has been life-changing. To have this dialogue in a super queer-friendly safe space has been absolutely essential, and something I didn’t realise I needed so much.
This experience has been life-changing. My sessions with Jane really helped me become more resilient and gave me the tools I need to move forward. I'm ending our sessions feeling so much more positive about the future.