How I Can Help
I’ve worked with people from a range of backgrounds on all sorts of issues, with some of the most common being:
- Past or present experience of abuse, violence and other traumatic experiences
- Identity issues, including issues around class, gender, sexuality and body image
- Finding ways through guilt, shame, fear, loss or change
- Relationship issues
This can show up in all sorts of different ways, including:
- Feeling physically and emotionally burnt out and exhausted
- Intrusive or obsessive thoughts or memories, including flashbacks, panic attacks or nightmares
- Mood swings, including crying, flashes of anger or fear with no clear reason or trigger
- Self-criticism, self-harm and self-destructive behaviours
- Feeling like you’re putting on an act in relationships, friendships or at work
- Feeling disconnected, numb and/or overwhelmed
- Feeling out of control, including in terms of how you use alcohol, drugs, sex or work
And all sorts of other symptoms too long to include in this list.
For some people, counselling provides a place where they can:
- Share and process emotions and experiences
- Gain new perspectives and understanding of patterns in thinking, behaviour or relationships
- Get some relief from the pressure of keeping things bottled up
- Experience a safe, supportive and compassionate space where they are accepted and valued just as they are
- Feel less isolated and alone
- Learn new coping strategies
- Become more self-accepting
- Increase self-compassion, confidence and resilience
If any of the above sound like something you’d like support with, please get in touch. Together, we’ll work in a collaborative way, at your pace, to explore what’s happening for you at the moment and how we can get closer to wherever you’re hoping to be.
I would highly recommend Rebel Therapy. Jane is both professional and warm, balanced and collaborative, reassuring and gently challenging.
Jane is incredibly supportive. Her vast knowledge of different mental heath issues and ways to help is so valuable in a counsellor.
Jane supported me through the most challenging, upsetting and stressful time of my life. She's fantastic.